Pages

Sunday, 3 February 2013

Bag Design Inspiration


Circular motifs

I decided to continue with decorative motifs from textile machinery, yet have inputted new imagery to develop and change the design. These patterns involve shapes encompassed within the circular motif and also flowing out from the shape. 

 











MMU Buildings

Patterned Concrete from
Wallpaper Design

I wanted the design to have a personal connection to the university. The new buildings precise, geometric would offer a contemporary feel and I like the blue, reflective quality of the glass exteriors. Elaborate motifs from historic architectural features would provide a distinct contrast, combining the universities past with the modern day. 

MMU Business School


MMU New Art and Design Building















Peacock Feathers 


Being a student is a life changing experience since you develop significantly in your education and as a person. This transformation reminds me of a peacock opening out its feathers into a beautiful display of colour and pattern.  At university the world seems to open out into endless possibilities, and you have the freedom to spread your wings and fly.
 
Artists Research

Joanna Waller’s work is flowing and graceful due to the curved delicate shapes. These motifs would add energy and motion to a static design. I love the reflective tones with subtle colour changes as the shapes overlap, which has a feeling of flowing water and can be translated using fluid inks.

  Jessica Preston has repeated simple shapes into an overall complex arrangement which have a wave of movement running through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment