Pages

Sunday, 4 November 2012

Project Brief: Transforming the Everyday


CONCEPT
I will investigate everyday activities and places: capturing people during their day to day existence like moments in time. This conveys our human curiosity into other people’s lives as we intuitively watch the activity of those around us, surveying the scene to create our own interpretation of events or drawn in by particular features of interest.

PROCESS
My work will be illustrative with elements of ambiguity to make the ordinary appear less familiar and mundane. Therefore the viewer is unable to distinguish the exact narrative; it is left to their own imagination. Materials collected from the locations will be used to create mixed-media collages and as a drawing tool to produce lines and marks. By combining different fabrics and embroidery processes, I will interpret the scenes into complex and intricate designs that reveal patterns found within the everyday. This encourages the audience to contemplate their immediate environment, the details seen and those overlooked on a daily basis.

CONTEXT
I envisage decorative and contemporary designs for everyday public places such as coffee shops, shopping centres and restaurants. I intend to enhance the aesthetics of a space, providing a visual display for people as they wait or pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment