I was inspired by Edward
Hopper's dramatic paintings which feature couples and solo figures with strong
lighting to create emotive scenes.
I photographed people’s daily activities around the city of Manchester, capturing them unaware to show their natural behaviour and interaction with others and the environment.
I photographed people’s daily activities around the city of Manchester, capturing them unaware to show their natural behaviour and interaction with others and the environment.
|
Solitary
Child
Lonely and Upset
|
Group Activity
Viewed from Distance |
Surveillance,
Watching through framework |
Lone Figure with
Silhouetted reflection |
Couple Walking
Close and intimate |
Meeting of Friends,
Casual interactions |
Corinne Wasmuht’s paintings originate
from photographs and collected images that she assembles then paints onto
wooden panels in multiple layers. At first they appear to be abstract designs
yet closer inspection reveals human figures and scenes.
Vivid colours with
layers of varnish create radiant and contemporary paintings. Also, repetition
of shapes and multiple mirrored images create complex and disorientating scenes
rather than reflecting mundane reality.



No comments:
Post a Comment